Serving the community for 115 years.
A Brief History of St Luke’s Hamilton Uniting Church
- On 26 January 1907 the first service was held on the site.
- On 13 May 1911 the original nave was dedicated. There was a temporary hall under the building.
- By 28 November 1931 the church was lowered, the front porch and vestry added. Extensive interior re-modelling was completed and the new hall erected. There was further re-modelling of the interior of the church in 1957.
- In 1966 the front porch was enclosed and the sanctuary re-modelled.28 February 1971 marked the installation of the pipe organ. The organ was purchased from the Milton Congregational Church. The Historical and technical information of the pipe organ is listed on the Organ Historical Trust of Australia website.
- On 12 October 1976 the Queensland Methodist Conference approved the re-naming of the church as St Luke’s.
- On 24 April 1977 the brick veneer of the building, extensions to the porch and remodelling of the sanctuary were dedicated by Rev. M.G. Wilmshurst, secretary-General of the Methodist Church of Australia.
- In 2010 the Clayfield/Hamilton congregations, together with the Geebung/Wavell Heights and Toombul District Congregations became the Kairos Uniting Church with a shared ministry team.
- 1 August 2014 St Luke’s was recognised as a congregation by Moreton Rivers Presbytery.